Monday 11 August 2008

Nothing tastes as good as success

So, today was weigh-in day. I might not have started my diet exactly a week ago, but for the sake of tidiness, Monday is the day I'm officially to be found with my fingers crossed as I delicately deposit myself on the scales and pray for a kind reading. And today, my lovely, lovely scales told me that I was precisely 8lbs lighter than I had been a week ago. Eight pounds!! 8.0lbs. I still can't quite believe it and I just hope that I don't wake up tomorrow, find out it's Monday all over again and I've actually gained 8lbs.


Needless to say, I'm delighted with this result, but of course, it's only the first 8lbs from a total of more than 60 that I need to lose. That posh size 8 dress in my wardrobe still aint fitting! Still, it's a good start and has given me just the impetus I need to carry on. I have also put £8 in a jar. That dress needs new shoes :-)

Continuing with the positive note...it finally stopped raining long enough for my tent to dry out. My lovely new Iowa is packed back in its bag ready to be dragged out again at the weekend. I must start work on a menu-plan for the camping trip that will keep the scales happy next Monday and not leave me starving. All to be cooked in one pot. Mmmmmmm.

Today I'm wearing:

Wide legged jeans, size 16
Burnt orange vest top size 16
Purple fluffy cardigan size 16
Purple and silver dangly earrings, large orange glass pendant, chunky copper bangle
Brown high heeled leather ankle boots.
Lippy, mascara and some rather devine face illuminator stuff from Virgin Vie.

13 Stone 8.75lbs. (-8lbs)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Bloody hell that's a brilliant result mate!

Well done :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow 8lbs! You're off to a brilliant start, well done!