Tuesday 12 August 2008

The Elephant in the Room

Well, not so much an elephant, more an exercise bike. But lately I've been pretending not to notice its reproachful stares so it might as well be an elephant. Not today however. Today I leapt up onto it (okay, okay - it was more tentative heaving than leaping but still, you have to start somewhere), and cycled for 31.5 minutes, racking up 11K and leaving me 117 calories better off than when I started. It's all good. Apart from the nasty clicking noise that my knee is now making. I thought this getting fit and healthy kick was going to leave me, well, fit and healthy; not creaking and sore!

Oh, and now that I'm duly showered and recovered, I'm wearing:

Brown linen trousers (not the same pair - I own three the same. This is what happens when you get fat. You find something that looks okayish and buy three of them to save thinking too hard) Size 18. Definitely more comfortable around the waist.
Pale green, coffee brown, cream and pink blouse with a 1950s curtain pattern Size 16
Khaki crocs
Some really rather stunning jewellery from Avon but which I could easily pretend was from Pilgrim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *may* have three identical pairs of grey jersey trousers kath so i know where you are coming from.