Saturday 9 August 2008

It's raining, it's pouring

And man, do I feel like snoring. This is fire on, duvet wrapped round your shoulders, Cary Grant or Doris Day in Full Technicolor weather. Not drag three kidlets out to Chavsda weather.

So far, I've made mushroom soup, processed two loads of laundry and rustled up lunch. I'm shattered. I have three half-read books on the go and a comfy chair calling my name. Unfortunately, kid in the middle has a party to go to on Monday and we have no pressie to take.

I ate a huuuuuuuuge breakfast this morning; three grilled tomatoes, a bucket of mushrooms, slice of toast and two grilled turkey rashers. I've just consumed an equally massive lunch of salad, beef, bread roll and diet yoghurt. Why am I dreaming of shortbread?

It has been one week since I last had an alcoholic drink. Stupidly, I'm almost afraid to have one now, in case I suddenly DID become an alcoholic and can't stop at one. Is that mad? Probably. I guess I just have to "think of all the calories"!!

Today I'm wearing:

Wide legged blue jeans - size 16. Comfier than the last time I wore them or is that just wishful thinking?
Bright orange "ethnic" blouse.
Khaki crocs
jangly clangy bangles
Big chunky gold beads
Tiger's eye earrings
No make up yet, but I'm planning a face mask after I've done the next lot of ironing so when my skin goes all red I'll no doubt need the full face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've done more than me! I've managed one load of laundry, the grocery shop, phoned my sister and at least an hour on t'interweb (that's exhausting enough in itself)

Great Blog though! Woman after my own heart!!!