Friday 8 August 2008

Good start, added aggro.

I know I'm not meant to do this, but I stand on the scales every morning. I suppose the reason you're not supposed to is because your weight fluctuates from day to day, and by weighing yourself only weekly, you catch the overall trend rather than every blip, dip, bump and lump. I only write down the weekly weigh-ins, but I'm too compulsive and nosy to go a whole week without weighing myself. And hey, sometimes it brings rewards too. After three days of reading a very depressing "14 stone 2.75lbs" on the display of my scales, today, after not quite a week of no alcohol, and only two full days of proper dieting, it tells me that I'm down to 13 stone 9.75lbs. That's half a stone. It might be half a stone of water but I don't care.

Mum rang. I am concerned that she thinks me giving up work means I can spend every last minute with her. I would ignore the phone, but since we got the (totally tacky but I love it) Mickey Mouse phone, the kids have all started racing towards it as soon as the first "ting" rings out. It may get better once school starts again, but then she'll simply phone just before they leave. I'm going to have to start inventing friends and activities if I want to avoid her! Jeeze, the whole point of giving up work was to reduce the stress in my life, not simply change it.

Today I'm wearing.....

The same as yesterday only with clean undies and a clean top. Oh and a bit of makeup. Not much because I was interrupted by my daughter who had locked herself out of the house and I've never quite made it back upstairs. Actually, must go and investigate that funny beeping noise.

4.20pm and we're back from my mother's house. How's the diet going? Would I like some banana cake? A biscuit? Some shortbread. At least take the recipe. Anything at all? What is wrong with this woman? I lasted all of an hour before I had to make my excuses and leave.

No comments: