Friday 22 August 2008

Friday I'm in love? Not so much.

From a diet point of view, I don't much like Fridays. It's the start of the weekend and there's too much time and too much temptation between now and weigh-in day.

If the scale-reading was good on Monday morning, that high carries you through Tuesday and most of Wednesday. Thursday can sometimes be a little tough....it's the diet equivalent of "hump day" at work where you are half-way there. Friday feels like a long way away from the success of Monday and yet the last two days of the week are still stretching out before you. It's my "dip" day. If there's one time of the week when I'm likely to career wildly off-plan, it's today! So with that in mind, I've lined up eight million jobs to do which will hopefully keep me physically occupied and away from the fridge!

The next big thing for me to tackle is exercise. I'm not good at it. I don't really enjoy getting all hot and sweaty, I dislike swimming pools and the only activity that I really relish (oh well alright, there's two, but no, not that one) has had to be severely restricted due to a foot injury. Whereas I used to be able to walk five or six miles without thinking about it, the mile-and-a-bit walk to to school and back yesterday had me popping ibuprofen again. Someone suggested dancing as a possible alternative, but given that I have all the natural rhythm of a rhino in a plastercast I think that's probably a no. It looks like I'm going to have to stick to cycling nowhere for a bit!

Today I'm wearing:

White linen trousers, size 18.
White baggy blouse, size 18.
Beige cardian, size 14
Beige flatties
Silver star earrings, silver beaded necklace, chunky silver ring, selection of bangles.
Diesel Fuel for Life perfume

No comments: