Wednesday 20 August 2008

Best days of their lives


Back to school today. Back to school for the older two anyway, while my baby started for the first time ever. They were up at O'Dark-Thirty, full of beans (or springs maybe?), jumping around and raucous and quite frankly I was glad to be shot of them. Kid-the-youngest didn't go in until later and I had to put up with lots of "Is it time to go yet?", "When do we leave?", "Can we go now?" and "I want to go NOWWWWWW" until finally it was time to go. There was a tiny, minor wobble at the thought of some of the bigger boys and girls, but then she saw her friend from playgroup and I was unceremoniously dumped in favour of finding the best seat in the classroom.

Little one came home full of smiles and clutching two stickers. One was for doing a lovely picture of her recent camping trip and the other was for "being quiet". We'll return that one to its rightful owner in the morning because it can't possibly have been given to one of my children!

The other two came back with mixed reviews. Kid in the middle has declared her new teacher to be "mean", while at the same time telling me of the fantastic, exciting game that they played all day. Big kid had lots to say about his lunch, which was obviously the highlight of the day.

And talking of lunch.....how many servings are you supposed to get out of a 300g bag of Quorn mince? I used two last night to make tacos and burritos for supper for five. One kidlet and I had leftovers for lunch, and then I made a tomato sauce for what was left to eat with spaghetti tonight, again for five. There's still enough for a leftover lunch for two tomorrow - it's like the magic porridge pot!!

(And I had to laugh at Kid the eldest who was poking around his Quorn bolognaise....."Are there any mushrooms in this?" he asked suspiciously. "No," says I, thinking "If only you knew"!

Today's wardrobe choices:

Beige/brown/cream linen A-line skirt (leafy pattern), size 16.
Cream and silver smock top, size 16
Longline beige floppy-sleeved cardigan, size 14
Cream and beige flatties
Full face of make up with which to face the yummy mummies at the school gate
Asda cameo earrings
Avon big chunky brown and gold glass ring
Chocolate brown leather handbag, far too expensive but practically strokable.

2 comments:

Taj said...

Aww fizzy looks gorgeous in that piccy\

Just noticed your blog btw

Wendy said...

So cute!!!!!!

I love the way you write :-)