Sunday 15 March 2009

Head Games

I am having one of those dreadful diet days where I can't stop thinking about eating. I'm not even particularly hungry. Cold? Yes. Headachey? Yes. Fed up with having to listen to the rugby while dh snores his way through a frankly dull game? Heck yes. I know in my heart that a great big cheese and chutney sarnie isn't going to make any of that go away, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming!

I may have to resort to ironing as a distraction technique. I don't much love ironing, even with my new super duper steam machine, but at least it would get me out of the kitchen and away from the fridge. And it might warm me up somewhat too. I know some people swear by drinking a glass of water whenever they're tempted but I've already consumed enough water for three days and seem to be permanently needing the loo. All in all this has not been a good day - apart from the fact that thus far I haven't yet given in to the temptation so I suppose I'll have to comfort myself with that and remember that tomorrow is weigh-in day so it had better all be worth it!

No comments: