Saturday 14 March 2009

Can I sneak back in here?

Someone (Harridan) made the point a few days a go that I haven't updated my blog in a while. And we all know why, don't we? Because I'd fallen off the dieting bandwagon and didn't wish to admit it. As much as I hate the idea, it seems as though I really do need the discipline of a food diary/diet diary to help motivate me keep the focus going. So this blog might be about to get a whole lot more dull than it already is - yup, I think any existing followers will be running away in droves once the weekly stat post starts! On Monday. I hate starting things when it isn't the beginning of the week. (Is it really any surprise that Kid-the-Eldest has aspergers? I found myself getting quite irritated in Starbucks the other day because people had mixed up all the coffee beans!)

In all honesty, I had given myself a bit of a kick last week. I was aware that I was sliding back "up" the scales again and given that, in a few short weeks, I'm going to be meeting up with some friends for a weekend away, it would be good not to be the blob at the party. I haven't regained everything that I had previously lost, but I had gained more than ten pounds of it, so something had to be done. I've been as good as gold this last week, even taking into consideration lunch out with friends, so I'm hoping for good things.

Meanwhile, family life continues around me. Mother is going into hospital next week for a hip replacement. I may have more to say about that when she comes out of hospital as she's due to come here to stay. That could be fun. Kids eldest, middle and at the bottom of the heap all providing the usual levels of laughter, tears, stress and mess, and the man I married has Man Flu. I don't think he appreciates the fact that Man Flu is an ironic term for a piffling cold, coined by women to illustrate the weakness of men. I know in fact that he believes it to be a higher, more potent strain of flu, the likes of which I could never possibly hope to suffer nor understand. Apparently, it's so bad that no-name paracetamol and a hot toddy can't possibly be the cure. Only a skipful of branded over-the-counter medicine (with the name "Extra" on the packet) could possibly be effective in the fight against the super-germs. I so need a rolly-eye smiley on this blog!!

1 comment:

S said...

Welcome back.
Maybe that is what I need a online food diary to shame me out of all the rubbish I eat. I don't think I'm brave enough though.