Sunday 18 January 2009


Tomorrow is weigh-in day after my first week back at being "on a diet". I've been pretty good for much of this week and I've seen quite a bit of my Christmas excess simply melt away with a bit of exercise and a good strong dose of willpower; there are still many temptations left in the house left over from Christmas but generally speaking I've ignored them.

Mind you, last night, watching a batch of sky-plussed televisual entertainment, I managed to sink four bottles of my favourite American "beer" and two ramekins stuffed with pretzels. I was pleased this morning to note that the scales hadn't been adversely affected, but I'm not sure that today's input will help my case much.

I'd forgotten that there was a "Luncheon" after church today. It's Christian Unity week and we invite members of the local Catholic Church to join in our service, some of our lot go up to them and then we all meet for a soup lunch afterwards.

The soup was delicious, but I've no idea what was in it re. fat content etc and I ended up eating two bowls because Kid at the bottom of the heap took two mouthfuls, saw that her brother had something a different colour and demanded some of what he had instead. In addition to which, there was no option for an unbuttered roll to go with the soup so I ate butter for the first time in years and remembered just how delicious it was.

Of course, if the scales don't give me a good reading, it is bound to be the result of someone-else's heavy-handedness with the dairy products and nothing whatsoever to do with my alcoholic tendencies!! Isn't it?

No comments: