Monday 1 September 2008

I had never realised quite how much I depend on the scales for reassurance. This last couple of weeks have felt awful, and all because I can't check what I weigh. As someone who likes to weigh themselves daily, this has been a struggle. Perhaps, if I buy some new scales, I'll leave them alone a bit more. Perhaps, I worked my scales to death?!

This morning, I hopped on the scales and after about 15 attempts, decided to go with the most likely reading....12 stone, 12lbs. This was the smallest loss that it gave me, and I knew I had lost something because the tape measure shows that my bust and waist are smaller.

If this reading is even vaguely accurate, it means that I've lost about 1 stone 4lbs over five weeks. I can't help thinking that this is mainly down to my reduced alcohol consumption; not only the lack of wine-cals but also the lack of snack-cals that go hand in hand with the wine-cals!

Kidlets are all benefitting from this diet too. Like most children, they lurve their puddings. When I'm not on a diet, I don't really "do" puddings. I prefer to eat three times as much of my main course and kid myself that it's alright because I'm not eating dessert. This diet is helping me to spread my calories out over three courses, without overindulging in any of them. This means that Biggest Kid gets a regular custard fix and Kid in the Middle thinks I'm the best mummy in Scotland.

We are about to start the third week of school since they went back after the summer. The routine that I thought might fall into place is still sadly lacking. I've decided to blame my husband. He's not a bad man, but he gets "ideas", and they usually involve drilling holes in my walls. Thus far, he has various projects on the go, including the garage, the study, Biggest Kid's room, Kid in the middle's room, and Kid at the bottom's room. There is also stuff happening in the dining room, the kitchen light is still languishing in the garage and I can't get into my airing cupboard for the big pile of "stuff" that he has deposited in front of the doors. He tried to start a discussion about "landscaping" the back garden but I gave him "the look" and so far at least he has backed off. The look is usually only a temporary measure and I may yet have to give him "the talk".

Today's outfit comprises:

Slouchy jeans, size 18.....won't be able to keep these up properly for much longer!
Orangey ethicnicky top, size 16
Fabulous tan suede pointy boots with tassles and heels you could kill with.
Concealer under my eyes....experimenting with ways to reduce the appearance of these shadows!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Will the drill holes end up as something useful or attractive, or do we need to email DIY SOS for you?

Kath said...

I'd get Nick Knowles on the phone sharpish!

Anonymous said...

my current prescription for anyone with man jobs to do around the house (this includes jobs created because of mans tard-ness), is to get a european gymnast man friday to do it all for you. I honestly think its the way forward.
Balthy!