Saturday 17 December 2011

Twas the week before Christmas...




Okay, nothing from me in 18 months and then two posts in as many days! I was going to try and do a bit of a catch up but actually I don't wish to be responsible for any readers falling into a catatonic state so suffice to say life has gone on, the house is still a tip, the diet needs re-starting and I'm back on anti-depressants. Plus ca change and all that. Mind you, one thing that has changed, and for the better I think, is my photography. I really started to explore it more and get into it and although I have vast amounts still to learn, I'm loving the whole process, so much so that in August I went back to college and I'm now studying for an HNC in Photography. We no longer have a dining room as I've taken it over as a study so that I have somewhere quiet to work (or blog!) and any spare cash going seems to find its way into a Jessops shopping basket.

So, what to do with this blog. Well, one thing's for sure, the diet element of it needs to be re-addressed. It's mortifying to read back through this and see that in the last year alone I have ballooned back up to where I was in 2008. I've been busy blaming my mother's house move and the stress involved in that (and yes, it was very stressful) but she will have been sort-of-happily ensconced in her new house for a year this time next week and it doesn't seem reasonable to keep blaming something that happened a year ago for what I'm insisting on eating and drinking now. I do think that my eating and drinking are directly related to how I'm feeling though and mum's house move coincided with my annual winter blues last year. I don't think they ever really went away and a couple of months ago the doctor put me back on pills for depression. I was adamant that he was wrong and after a few weeks didn't go back to see him. I'm feeling worse again now and so I think it may be time to face facts and accept that actually yes, my head isn't in a good place and I need some help. Perhaps if I can do that I may be able to address the food issues better.

So yes, this can be a diet blog again. But I'd like it to be more than that. I think my photography is improving all the time so perhaps I'll share some of that here. And as a family we're all having adventures that I'd like to keep recording. It was rather wonderful to read back through some of these posts here and recall the things that prompted them. There's nothing to record the last 18 months and that's a shame because it hasn't all been doom and gloom, so my pre-New Year's Resolution is to do a much better blogging job - diet/head/photos/adventures and possibly some more recipes. A bit of a mish mash. Just like me then!

No comments: