Thursday 7 January 2010

New Year, New Start.

I have a horrid feeling that I might be repeating myself! Oh, the humour, it's killing me! Seriously though, I'll have to go back and check my previous posts because that title is certainly ringing bells. But then, it is a new year and I am starting again. Again. On the plus side, I'm starting from a better place than I have done previously.

Before Christmas 2009 I had succesfully dieted my way down to 11 stone 10lbs. I was feeling very pleased with myself, but I knew that I was going to struggle to maintain this over the festive period so I pretty much gave myself permission to take time out of my diet. We had a lot of "social engagements" (that'd be piss ups then) on the calendar and I wanted to eat my Christmas dinner without writing every mouthful down in a jotter, or leaping up mid-sip to update the Tesco Diet site. Consequently I am returning to my blog four pounds heavier than I was at the beginning of advent, weighing 12 stone exactly. I'm trying to see the positive side of this. It's a nice neat figure to start the year with. I can see from this that I'd like to lose exactly 2 of those stones to make an even neater number of 10. This isn't so bad. I can do this.

Trouble is of course, that I'm now struggling to get back into the swing of things. I seem to have temporarily mislaid my dieting mojo. And I keep finding tins and tubs of mince pies, cake, chocolate log, chocolate oranges and cheese where there really ought to be nought but celery. That and I am sure the wine bottles have been breeding.

Anyway, today I think I might have managed to get that grip that was so desperately needed. I've eaten meals instead of snacks, consumed more water and as there is no wine open that needs finishing off, there's none that I feel inclined to drink. Could this be the start of great things to come?

Today I ate:

1 bowl porridge made with water and salt.
1 banana.

1 hard boiled egg
1 wholemeal bread roll
1 slim-a-soup thing

1 onion baguette
Roast ham
Mixed salad leaves
Homemade coleslaw
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Beetroot

More black coffee than is strictly good for me.
4 pints water.

Exercise was limited due to being in hospital all day (no, nothing drastic...Kid At the Bottom of the Heap "failed" her last few eye tests and they wanted to hook her up and figure her out. If they manage that they'll be doing better than me LOL)


Today I'm wearing:

Dark brown vest top size 14
Pale pink cardigan size 16 (it's too big now but I still like it)
A-line purple cord flowery skirt (sale bargain from Sainsbugs!) size 14
Dark brown knee high boots
Pink and purple necklace/earrings combo (also Sainsbury's finest)

1 comment:

Sarah Drummond said...

Keep at it Kath. You will have the 2 stone off and feel fab for the summer!!